God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Friday, September 24, 2010

not sure what to say

Boy these last couple of days have been pretty nuts here. Not in the usual way either. I mean in ways that I am not used to, I mean arguing. Yes, I know we all have arguments from time to time but they come and go and you move past them. This argument isn't one I can move past very easily. You see it is very complex and very frustrating. 

When you are a Christian you ask Christ to save your from your sins, to guide you in your life, each and everyday. You desire to learn more about Him. You desire to be around others of like minds. Those that love Christ want to be around others that love Christ. They want to continue to learn and grow closer to the Saviour. Their conscience keeps their hearts focused on Christ which keeps them more aware of when they sin. Sin is confessed and your heart is cleansed through forgiveness like only Christ can give. 

But what if you know someone who is not following that but insists that they are saved? Well, scriptures tell us to go to our brother if we have a problem. It also says to guide those that need it.  But it emphases to do so in love without condemnation. 

Matthew 18:15-16 (King James Version)

Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Galations 6:1

Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

(I encourage all of you to read this article at this link:
http://webhosting.mastertemplates.com/webhosting/division-within-the-body-of-christ-part-two.html )

 I am trying really hard not to judge this person who I argued with. I do not want to judge them as individuals but rather show them their sin issue and have them correct that, with my help if they desire. Is that so wrong? Not according to the Scriptures, from what I read.

So, I guess this my argument with this particular person. They asked me what was wrong, why I was frustrated with them. I told them as nice as I could with as much love as I could, that their actions were affecting our relationship and more importantly it was affecting their relationship with Christ. I was worried for their salvation and their Christian walk.

OH MY WORD! You would think this person thought I was going to literally kill them! 

This person got so defensive and upset. I feel horrible for upsetting them but at the same time I do not. You see I am torn. I did not intend for this person to take offense to my words or my pointing things out, but I also felt led to point these things out knowing this person would not like it very much. I did what I felt I  had to do according to the Scriptures. Am I wrong for that? I do not believe so. Would I change my actions and the way I worded my letter to this person if I could? No, I wouldn't despite knowing how angry they are with me right now. You see, to me my relationship with Christ is more important to me then any other relationship I have with anyone here on Earth, even my husband and my children whom I love more then any other human being. 

Ok, so if I knew ahead of time that this person would be so angry at me and that my saying something would ruin the friendship I have with them why would I go ahead and say it? You know, you come to a realization in life that Christ's way is the only answer and you have to follow it, not because you are being asked to or made to but because you want to make you Father happy and pleased with you. You see, the relationship I have with this person is only temporary, for as long as I live here on Earth. However, my relationship with Christ is for eternity, longer then I can ever imagine...... :) Which relationship is really worth in the end? Which one will make me happier in the end? I think you know the answer to that one but I will spell it out for you. The relationship with Christ is more important to me then any other relationship I could ever dream of having here on Earth. It is one to be cherished moment by moment and have every attempt to make it stronger and stronger each day. 

I am deeply sorry this person is angry at me. Please always know that I love this person dearly. They do mean a lot to me and I would never change the experiences I have with this person as they make me what I am today. :)

Ok, so now you now my life story! lol Have a great night!







No comments:

Post a Comment