God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

why pain and sufferring?

You know, I sit here tonight with my face hurting really bad. I have calcium deposits in my ligaments in my jaw. It causes my face to hurt a lot sometimes. I wear a mouth piece that is helping alleviate the discomfort and take pain medicines that help. However, this leads me to thinking why God created pain.

Did God "create" pain or what? I do not think so. Does God make people have pain? No on that one too. So why do people have pain? Well, it is all Eve's fault. Yes, and Adam's too... You see they had it good in the beginning. God created a wonderful place for them to live, to grow, to cherish. He gave them a direct line to Him. He walked with them in the Garden. How amazing is that???? You see, God wanted humans to spend time with Him in Glory... He wanted mankind to be part of Him. He is not a God of pain and suffering... So, if He didn't "create" pain, then why is there pain?

Well, let's get back to Adam and Eve. They both are the fruit, and Adam lied to God. They saw that life was good but then they got greedy. They wanted what God had, which was more then they had. They wanted to know good and evil.... Mankind in his heart is awful, conniving, greedy, wishy-washy, spoiled, bratty and just plain stupid... (BTW stupid means that you know what you are doing things you know you shouldn't be doing but you do it anyway.) anyhow, Mankind, in his heart, is not God like. We have to fight not only Satan but our own fleshly desires.

God does not create the pain we feel. It is a direct result of sin that has entered mankind's existence. So, I should not blame God for this pain but rather request help in dealing with it if He sees fit not to relieve it altogether.

So, if you are in pain tonight, any pain be it emotional, spiritual, or physical, God desires to help you with it. He desires that pain to draw you closer to Him. Sometimes He will relieve the pain other times he will just give you strength to bear it. Either way He is helping you... :)

Mike reminds me of how the Apostle Paul asked 3 times  to be relieved of the the thorn in his side but God said "My Grace is Sufficient for Thee". Let us rejoice that His Grace Is sufficient for Me. (and you!)

In Christ, Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment