God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Sunday, June 20, 2010

life happens, don't let it get you down

Ok, so last night, life happened and it's my fault. If it were my kids' faults or my hubby's I would most likely be really angry, but I have no one to blame but myself. Why is it that I am not mad at myself? Well, I think it is because having Christ in my life reminds me of the important things in life. I have a place to live that is warm and comfy, food to eat and a family that loves me as much as I love them.

So, by this time you are probably wondering what actually happened? Well, to put it bluntly, I ruined my laptop. I know!!!! How horrible! What happened???? Well, I had my laptop on the coffee table in front of the couch. I put my glass of water down next to it. When I then put something next to the water glass it tipped the water glass over and a full glass of water poured right across the keyboard....UGH!!!!!!

Now it is "drying out" I hope. But like I said in the beginning of this post, Life Happens.

So why am I not mad? I am disappointed of course but this experience has got me thinking. One, God blessed me with a wonderful laptop that was able to get wifi high speed connection. Two, God blessed me with the money to buy that nice electronic device. But what God gives God can also take away. :) So does that mean that I think God schemed to get rid of my lap top? NO! It was a joke. lol

I am not upset about it though. You see, we have to enjoy the things we have in life before they disappear. Enjoy the way your family hugs you, enjoy the peck your spouse gives you on his way out the door, enjoy the bugs that your kids bring you in their cupped hands. Most of all, treasure and cherish the breath and life God has given you.

Laptops are expensive, and I hope and pray mine is not totally dead, but if it is, oh well. PDA's are expensive, so are cars, houses and the list goes on.... but those are just things.... not something that you can take with you when you die.

When I die, I want people to think of me as a friendly, helpful person who loved the Lord. I do not want people to think I was obsessed over "uping the Jones" next door. My things are things, but my family is alive and our God is more alive then anyone can imagine! To me, my treasure is with Christ but while I am here on earth I will not stop treasuring my family and friends too. :)

Does that mean that I will not jump for joy if my laptop does actually work after it dries out? ABSOLUTELY NOT! You will probably hear me for miles screaming for joy if it turns on and is ok... This just means that it is not the most important thing in the world to me.

So, what does this all mean for my new blog??? not sure yet. I do have my desktop, but it is on dial up. I am also going camping soon so I will be hit and miss on here for a little while. When I return from camp I will keep the blog up. I am enjoying it. I just might not be on every day...

So for now, enjoy what God has blessed you with but do not forget to keep God first above all things... :)
Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment