God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Saturday, June 12, 2010

This is the day....

"This is the day, this is the day
That the lord has made, that the lord has made
I will rejoice, I will rejoice
And be glad in it, glad in it"


What better way to wake up then to have this wonderful song stuck in my head. :) God is so good!!!

Well, today I woke up in a great mood. Adam is still in bed, awake but relaxing. Daniel and I are watching Mythbusters. Mike is at Sat. morning prayer. Today the weather is really nice, not too warm and not cold. The pool opened yesterday. My house looks cleaner then it has in a while. Amy is home. My brother's surgery is scheduled for the 16th. The school situation is under control for now. With all of these things going well how could I be anything but happy?

I was talking to a friend last night and she encouraged me so much. God has such plans for each one of us. The things in our lives that happen have reasons. Reasons we have no idea of but God sure does. Each of these trials are designed and arranged by God to build our strength in Him. Each is allowed to encourage us to lean and rely on Jesus Christ for help.

You now that reminds me of a popular saying. "god won't give you more then you can handle." I REALLY, REALLY HATE this saying. If you really think about it it doesn't make any sense. if god didn't give you more then you can handle why would we ever need to go to Him for anything, least of all help? I like to change that saying to fit the reality. "God will give you more then you can handle so that we have to rely on Him." To me that makes much more sense.

Well, God certainly has given our family more then we can handle and I am surly blessed that God has been there every step of the way for me to lean on.

I'm off to finish cleaning my house and spending time with my wonderful family. Have a blessed day! Enjoy the day the Lord has given you.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the song "Refiner's Fire"....tough times to go through...but, that is what gold goes through to become pure. I was also thinking about the saying that He won't give us more than we can handle. I think the emphasis should be on the word 'we'. When 'we' can't handle it, He does! I am so glad that you are having such a great day!! By the way, I guess I may show up as gracieface. :o) That is Madelyn. Diane Wortz

    ReplyDelete