God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Sunday, June 13, 2010

awake

Here I sit on the couch watching tv at 1:30 am. It's Sunday morning... technically. :) I am watching a show that is about how confusing relationships can be. Men not knowing what makes women happy, women thinking they have figured guys out but in reality they have no idea....
This makes me so happy to be married to my wonderful husband. We have been married for 16 years now. I love him more now then I did when we first got married.

Over the years Mike and I have talked about how sad it is to see marriages falling apart at an alarming rate. We have been saddened by couples we know getting divorced. We have been shocked that most of these failing relationships could have been easily salvaged and rectified.
We have come to an understand that relationships have more to do with listening and paying attention then it does with actions.

If couples talked more with each other and not about each other I think things could improve.
Marriages these days seem to lack the necessary component of conversation.

If I may, marriages are supposed to be combined of three elements. The wife, the husband and God. This is the center circle. Many people fill this private inner circle of marriage with other things. Anything that takes God out of the inner circle clouds our judgement. It prevents us from communicating with each other and communicating with God.

Cars, money, games, gambling, friendships, etc.... even children. All these things are prone to cause division in any relationship, especially the relationship with God and with our spouse.

I guess what I am trying to say is that no matter what your life is like, no matter what things come and go in your life, take each moment to remind yourself why you got married. Love your spouse as Christ loves the church. Christ died for the church, would your love make you die for your spouse if the need came to that?

I can gladly say that at this moment I feel I would.
go hug your spouse and tell them how much you love them.

good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment