God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Thursday, July 29, 2010

thinking of my blessings

Today I am thrilled thinking of some amazing news. I am blessed beyond what I thought I could ever be. God is so good to me and my family!!!

Why am I so happy? I'm not really sure. I guess it could be the news I have, or the fact that we have had a great vacation with my husband, or it just could be that I am over tired. lol Anyhow, I'm happy so I'm not complaining about it. :)

Too many times in life we sit and wallow in our own depressing thoughts, what ifs and how comes... If we are so consumed with the what ifs in life we miss out on the amazing things happening all around us.

I'm hesitant to share my news on the internet for now but there will be a day soon I will share it. (No I am not pregnant!) Suffice it to say that God has answered our prayers in ways I could not have imagined. He always surprises me in how awesome He is and how He nurtures us so much. :o)

So what does this news mean to me and to the family? Well, now we can move forward with our lives with a bit more comfort and take time to enjoy God's glory even more.

I was talking to a friend the other day about how our life has been so crazy. She told me that I needed to give things to God and then let go. Her words were convicting to me mostly because 1) I knew she was right and 2) I didn't want her to be right. lol

At my house we have a saying for situations like that.... If the person talking to you is being convicting we tell them they are "talking"... that implies I do not like what you are saying so stop talking please... he he he
So I told my friend to stop talking and we both laughed...

There are many times I feel God is asking me to give my problems to Him and I refuse to let go of them. He can't help me if I won't let go.

Think of it this way. If you are vacuuming a room and your 5 year old wants to help you out. He comes over to take the vacuum from you so he can help. You don't want him to take the vacuum because you know you can do a better job at it. Do you let him take the vacuum from you or do you tell him no and do it yourself, in the process hurting his feelings... Or do you wish he would just say you know mom/dad I know you are trying to clean the room so I will leave you alone to do that.

I know you all wish the little child would leave you to your vacuuming because you can get it cleaner in a faster amount of time. Right? Well, thinking of that analogy, compare it to our problems and God. Are we letting God have the vacuum or are we insistent on helping Him solve our problems? Well, I have news for you, He doesn't need our help, none of it, zilch, nada, nothing. He is really capable to handle anything that comes our way. He can protect us, guide us and watch over us every moment of every day.
so let Him do just that.

Well, that is all for now. Good night. :o)

Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment