God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Friday, July 2, 2010

my poetry from camp

I promised you the poems that I wrote while camping. I finally had a moment to type them out. They are below. If you like them or not, please comment.

Poetry written at Lazy Lakes while camping 2010

LOVE

Missing my husband
Giggles, laughter, joy
Nibbles, pecks, kisses
Arms around
Hands gooching
Sweetness



CREATING

Sawdust in the carpet
Hacksaws lying about
Wood in pieces
Making designs
Creating masterpieces
Keeping busy
Being happy
Mike


TENTING

In
My tent
I like to sleep
Cocooned in a sleeping bag
The sun is rising, the frogs are singing
Breakfast sizzling on the fire
Lots of hiking, biking and fishing
Children catching fish down at the pond
Catch and release fish, wish I could keep
Days gone by, now it’s time to go home
Wish I could stay, but not today
Tear down the tent, pack up the car,
Sadness comes when we are on our way
Home is home, but camp... is pretty special.



RAIN

Rain, you make me dreary
So plwease go away
The flowers need you and so do the drops,
But I would rather not visit with you all day.
So please keep your
Visit short and sweet
Next time we meet.


OVERCAST

Cold
Rainy
Dreary
Dark
Blah
Clouds just go away…

BIKING

Wheels go around
On the smooth ground
Coasting along
Singing a song


GRILLING

Steaks hot dogs
Potatoes, Rolls
Corn, baked beans

Ahhh, now I’m hungry


MIKE

Creative juices
Flowing through
Hands that God made
Objects coming to life
Before our eyes
Right in Mike’s hands
Swiftly smoothly
With little effort
What a gift from God.


RAIN

Wet
Cold
Dreary
Plan changing
Tent dripping
Roof pounding
You stay inside
Outside pauses
Thunder claps
Lightening strikes
Torential
Drizzle
Sprinkle
Rain

RAIN

Really
Annoying
Insistant
Nuisance

FIRE

Fire
Crackling
Embers
Light the sky
Logs
Glowing
In a ring
Toasting
Marshmallows
Perfect for s’mores
Warming
Toes
And my nose (and little kid’s noses)
Parents
Talking
Enjoying the fire

MUD

Slimy, oozy, squishy
Right between my toes
Gross, wet, sloppy
Seeping in my pores
Brown, grey, black
Turning everything dingy
Rain is making puddles
Puddle are getting bigger
Oh, I hate mud!

SHOWER

Hot
Steamy
Humid
Lather
Scrub
Clean

Relaxing………


SLEEPING

In a tent
Cold as ice
Wrapped in a
Sleeping bag
As the air around me
Cools for the night
I lay here feeling
Warm and tight
On a bed of air
I am off the ground
Tired and happy,
Comfy, safe and sound
MY BEAR

Since I was 12
He’s been around
Watching my bed
All day and night
Red pajamas
He still has but
The hat and scarf
Are now long gone
Tan, matted down fur
And worn out nose
He’s lost his mouth
But a smile
He still brings
To the little
Girl inside me
That never grew up


GOING HOME

Going home
Saying good bye
But our time is done
The fun is over
Back to my life
I’m going home

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, I am glad you are still in one piece. I hope the boys had a good time, too.

    These poems are real cute. The ones about Mike are very descriptive of him. Very nice.

    I read your other blog adjustatorium and tried to comment, but it kicked me out because I forgot my google password.

    ReplyDelete