God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Adjustatorium

"Adjustatorium" is a word I saw on Cati Gerwitz's blog this morning. www.fabulousstroffee.com/ It is an unusual word and it caught my attention... From what I can see on Google's search for the word, it is a place where chiropractic patients get adjusted. But to me it means so much more.

Our life is living in an adjustatorium. God gave us this Earth to live on and be happy. He gave it to us as a way of telling us He loves us. We have taken this beautiful world and are not so slowly destroying it. Now, before you get preconceived ideas of me I am not one of those "save the environment - go green" types of gals. I am however, a gal who likes to be a good steward with the wonderful things God has given me. That being said this new word brings ideas to me head.

Adjustatorium is a place (at least to me) where everyone needs to be at one time or another. We all need an adjustment from time to time. In our lives we tend to go our own way, not God's way. Our ways leave us unprotected and heading into danger. God needs to sometimes throw things at us to adjust our direction. We need, in a sense, an adjustment.

So, as you go along your day may you end up in the Adjustatorium if you head off track. God will always give you the adjustment you need, we just need to go sit in His waiting room and ask Him.

God Bless, Trisha

1 comment:

  1. There I think I fixed my problem trying to comment.

    It is a very very healthy thing to continually step back from oneself to look at decisions and the path of life. Too many people forget to do this. Our perspective get skewed from day to day life, and we need to reboot. We will never come close to being perfect, but we can try to look at our example left for us in His Word, and attempt to live by the commandments and the beattitudes.

    Even when you pray for answers for decisions, a lot of times you will not get a clear indication of direction, but what it does do (prayer) is focuses your mind on God, to "adjust" your perspective.

    We will always make mistakes, do not regret them, admit them freely and learn from them, that is our growing process.

    Much love to you, Trish!

    -Rhonda

    ReplyDelete