God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Thursday, March 31, 2011

God's never ending all encompassing love

I know that this is a copy of the note I put up on facebook but I thougth it would be good to post it here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLJis6ZKRJE

When I was little my sister made this poem up. I have never forgotten it. It still brings joy to my heart.

God is love, that love surrounds us
In His love I safely dwell
'Tis above beneath around us
God is love and all is well.

*****************************************************

Tonight I heard this song on the radio and I thought of my sister's poem.

This song is from JJ Heller:

Love Me

He cries in the corner where nobody sees
He's the kid with the story no one would believe
He prays every night, "Dear God won't you please
Could you send someone here who will love me?"

Who will love me for me
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me
'Cause nobody has shown me what love
What love really means

Her office is shrinking a little each day
She's the woman whose husband has run away
She'll go to the gym after working today
Maybe if she was thinner
Then he would've stayed

And she says... who'll love me for me?
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me?
'Cause nobody has shown me what love,
what love really means

He's waiting to die as he sits all alone
He's a man in a cell who regrets what he's done
He utters a cry from the depths of his soul
"Oh Lord, forgive me, I want to go home"

Then he heard a voice somewhere deep inside
And it said...
"I know you've murdered and I know you've lied
I have watched you suffer all of your life
And now that you'll listen, I'll tell you that I..."

I will love you for you
Not for what you have done or what you will become
I will love you for you
I will give you the love
The love that you never knew


Today on my way home from Bible Study I heard this song on the radio. I have heard it plenty of times before and each time it breaks my heart. I feel like the people this song is singing about. Well, I used to be like them, but with Christ, I feel whole.... :o)

When the song was over I turned off the radio and prayed, thanking God for who He is and who He has made me become. Then this poem came to mind. so before I forgot it I wrote it down as soon as I got home. I hope you enjoy it.

A Broken Heart Anew  
You took me out of mother's beating hands
You took me out of my life of despair
You took my heart, its pieces all apart
You took it in your hands made it like brand new
You took me in your arms made me feel the love from you
There is nothing I can do to make that up to you
So I accept your loving gift and keep it treasured in my soul
Thanking you always for making me whole

No comments:

Post a Comment