God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Sunday, April 10, 2011

things on my mind

So many things floating around bumping into each other in this head of mine. Today has been unusual but enjoyable. Yesterday was stressful but also quite enjoyable. I have learned a lot over the last 2 days about relationships, with each other as humans and with humans and God. Mostly I have learned about my relationship with God. What it means to me, how it affets my friends and family, how it affects people I interact with here in the internet and in real life have all been things I have grown to understand.

Now, I do not imagine, in any sense of the way, that I know all about this topic as I have so much more to learn. I think that is one of the greatest things about the greatest minds in history; to my knowledge they all acknowledge that they still have more to learn.

Yesterday I was faced with an irritated mom, whom I did not agree with. I thought her negativity was not conducive to the situation she was in. After mentioning this to her, in as loving a way as I could while being upset myself, she became very hostile towards me. This threw me for a loop as I did not expect this situation to arise, really, who ever does though? I could have been upset and let this ruin my day but I chose to give the situation to God. I knew it would just anger me and it would fester. Then later in the day I was taken off gaurd again and asked to babysit a freind's daughter whom I have never watched before. Of course I said yes but I was leary about it. All my worry was for naught as they child was wonderfully behaved.

Then it comes to this morning. Prayer meeting at church went the same as it always does and I felt blessed. I have thought this thought before but was sort of afraid of sounding stupid saying it out loud. I was nervous telling the person it was about because I barely know the man. You know the little voice you get in your head that encourages you to do or not to do something specific? Lots of people call that your conscience, but not me. I call it a gift from God. To me, well that little voice, it's as if God is speaking directly to me sometimes. so I try to listen to it. I listened to it this morning at prayer. I mentioned to this gentleman that his prayers were a blessing to me. they are sweet, loving, full of worship and praise, from the heart. He quotes scriptures relevant to the prayer and sings his prayer at times. I am in awe of how he prayers. Now, I have no idea what this man thought of my comment but I know that I felt better saying it out loud. I could have let this thought stay hidden inside me and then I would have missed out on a terrific feeling and blessing God gave me.

You know children never really do what you wish them to do, not even when they are teenagers. Mine seem to think that I am on their beck and call every minute of every day. Now I want them to know that I am here if they need me but I also want them to be independent and resourceful. I want them to become their own person with their own identity. I do not want them to rely on me forever, as I will not be here on Earth that long. I will not be living with them as adults nor will I able to help them at their jobs so they NEED to learn to be more independent. This weekend we put our foot down with the kids. Well, actually we did it last weekend but this weekend we reiterated it. I think it finally sunk in. lol There have been so many times that I have gone to a neighbor's place or to the local school or library by myself while they kids stayed home. Usually I am gone for less then an hour but I get a phone cal or a knock on the neighbor's door by one of my kids. My kids are 16 & 13. There really is no need for these frequent interruptions. lol So, today when Mike and I went on our date I expected a call at least from one of the kids. It was bliss not being interrupted on our date. I think the kids finally have learned!!! woo hoo!!!! lol

Te other thing about teens (or any child) not doing what you wish them to do would be related to chores. Now, my kids have chores they are required to do and others they can do for pay. Usually if I tell them to do it whether it is for pay or not, they have to do it., it's not a choice. lol One of their chores is to unload the dishwasher. Empty the garbage is also a chore. Now with emptying the garbage, since we live in an apartment complex, taking the trash to the dumpster goes without saying. (One would think, right?) Emptying the dishwasher also includes putting away any clean dishes that are on the counter from hand-washing. Nope, not according to my kids. We have had so many discussions about this and quite a few punishments and still "they forget". my butt they forget!!! They are lazy children! lol Mike says if they do not do as asked they do not eat. lol I like this rule and I think I have to establish it in our lives. You would think that hanging up (in the closet) your coat each time you come in form outside would be a good idea, right? Leaving it out hanging on the door handle just makes the place look messy. Well, my kids have their own warped sense of right and wrong because even after many many many years of telling them to hang it in the closet it still gets hung on the door handle. UGH!!!!! lmbo!!! I knwo teens will be teens but just because their age ends in teen does not give them the right to disobey. It does not give them a free pass to be rude or to be disrespectful. Teenage rebellion is not acceptable in my book. Teenage rebellion is sin. plain and simple.

Yes I may be a bit lenient with my kids when it comes to dishes, hanging up coats or calling me unnecessarily. I agree, i am not the perfect parent. I do know that I am a parent who 1) knows where my kids are at (almost) all times... 2) knows all my kids friends... 3) commands respect and gets it for the most part.... 4) and most importantly, raising my children to love the Lord our God. To me that last one is the deal breaker. It is the clincher. It is the top of the cake. If you have this you have it all. If you do not hav eit you end up wth messed up teens who turn into messed up adults.

So, that is my 2 cents for the night. It's late and tomorrow is churhc. yeah!!!! Please comment if you like as I love to read what you think. Have a blessed Sunday and time worship our Lord and Saviour. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment