God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter

God:

Passion

Love

Nurture

Grace

Forgiving


Us:
dirty

sinful

unforgiving

uncaring

unloving



Why would any spiritual being love us? why would the creator of all that exists love us? Honestly, I have no idea. My pastor referred to humans as animated dirt balls. I have to say that that description does not do the human nature justice...

What boggles my mind, and we have been learning about this on Sunday mornings, is that no matter what we do, God loves us. He wants a relationship with us. He wants to be part of the closest relationship we will ever have. He wants to be part of us. His love is so all encompassing that it covers EVERYTHING, leaving nothing left unloved.

I know as a parent my love for my children is incomprehensible. I know as a wife, that my love for my husband covers a multitude of mistakes and imperfections. It makes me blind to things in anyone else I would hate. No matter if my child were a homicidal maniac who openly practices homosexuality, I know in my heart of hearts, I would love them. Doesn't that mean that I condone their sinful behavior though? No. It does not.just because I love them doesn't mean that I think they are perfect and can do no wrong. It doesn't mean that I cna over look their behavior or actions. It just means that despite the sin, I have deeply rooted feelings towards them. If my husband were to have an affair, (which by the way he is honestly the last person I would ever suspect of having one) I know that if we both desire to rectify our marriage then we can.

Ok, so how does that relate to God loving us? Just think, if we, being human with all these horrible despicable flaws, love those that are closest to us that much, how much more does God love us? I mean come on! He gave His ONLY begotten son to die so that we may one day be with Him in glory again. The only way to cover the awful sins we have committed (lieing and taking the extra long lunch breaks are committing sin, btw) was to cover them with blood. Jesus became that covering. Once blood as covered our sins our sins become forgotten. Now, I ;m not talking about just forgotten in the human way of forgetting. I am talking about the God way of forgetting - to have no memory of ever again... Not to remember and just not hold it against us but to actually NOT remember the sins once they are forgiven. WOW! I am in awe...

My God, the creator of all that has existed,  exists now and will exists in the future loves me enough to willingly forget my sins when I trust and believe on Him. I'm sorry, but even though I believe that 110% I still find it hard to comprehend.

So, thank you God for all your love, nurture, care and guidance You do so much more for me then I could ever begin to repay you for. I know through all my sins you love me and cherish each moment with me. Forgive me of those things I do wrong, even at those times when I know not that I am doing wrong... forgive me and clean me Oh Lord. Make me more like you....

Easter is a humbling time of year. It is when we should take a step back and reevaluate our lives. Are we the type of person God wants us to be? Do we understand how much god gave so that we may spend eternity with him? I sure hope you do, I know I try to.

Have a wonderfully joyous eye opening Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment