God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

a few things to blog about today

Ok, so I have wanted to blog about a few things lately but have not really had the time. when I did have a few minutes the computer was way to slow so I gave up on it. So, since I had thoughts I wanted to get out of my head I decided to type them up in MS Word. I have copied them below.


Hedonism

Man is very hedonistic. Two week’s ago, church service focused on just that. People like to focus on what makes them happy, that is not so bad right? I’m mean if it feels good then it has to be good for you right? Well, turns out that is not the correct way to think. Who woulda thunk? Lol Well, I liked the service quite a lot. It not only made me think of people whom I know that are like that but it made me stop and think about I can be hedonistic in my life.
So what is hedonistic? Well simply put, according to Wikipedia.com it is a school of thought, which argues that pleasure, is the only intrinsic good. Basically being hedonistic says that you are only here for what pleasure you can gain out of life.
Recently my youngest has gotten into the attitude that people should do things as he wishes them to be done. My youngest also seems to think that when he is getting punished he can justify his way out of it by explaining himself to me. I hate that. Lol So I am always having to explain to him that his behavior is not acceptable and justifying it will only get him into more trouble. I think slowly, he is getting the point.
You ever feel like sometimes God has to do that to us? I certainly do. Now, I would love to sit here and say that my life is perfect and that I can show you all how to be perfect too but that is so not true!
It’s times like this that I stop and think ok how am I being self-centered, cause that is what hedonistic stems from. Me Me Me…. It’s all about what I can get, what is enjoyable for ME. There are times when I think that way, and then there are times when I do not think that way. Thankfully those times I do not think that way are a lot more often. When I do think that way I just have to stop and ask God to help me think correctly. 


Bratty kids

You know how your kids can get these attitudes and say smart alec remarks and such? When I tell my kids to do something that they do not think does not need to get done or doesn’t need to get done right then; they get snippy and rude to me, especially my oldest. This grates on me terribly and I discipline for it each time.

Do we ever think about how we react to God when he asks us to something we don’t want to do? We do the same thing, maybe not verbally though but in our minds. I know I do. I think I know it all some days, just like my kids seem to think at times. I think I know what God wants me to do but I really do not. I think I know what is best for me, but again, I really do not.

When I think like this, what makes me so sure I am right? I am human. Does that make it right? No it certainly does not. But our minds like to convince us we are. Our flesh is something we are always fighting against. The only way to win that war (and it really is a war) is to constantly give our minds, bodies and souls to God. If we start the day out right, with the Word of God and a conversation with Hm then we set ourselves up for a more peaceful day. By doing those two things we are covering ourselves up with the armor of God and it will protect us from our flesh, from Satan’s attacks and from anything that tries to pull us from Him. So the next time I start back talking to God I need to remember this. I hope that I do. 

well, I think that is all for today. I will try to write more tonight before bed.  

~~~ Keep your eyes on Jesus and you will not stumble on the path. ~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment