God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Saturday, February 19, 2011

plans change - expect it

Ok , so pride goes before destruction. UGH!!! Why are people so easily swayed by emotions?
WHAT? your probably thinking. lol Ok, so I will start from the beginning.

A while ago a situation came up where one of my friends was affected and upset about something another person was doing towards her. Seeing as how my friend and her family are closer to me then practically anyone else besides Mike, I also took this issue to heart. I began to get upset about the situation in defense of my friend. Well, the other party involved took major offense to it and started getting quite irate with me. Due to this whole situation my whole day was off which affected my husband and children. The next day, being Sunday, we all went to church. I was pretty annoyed still, which was ruining my time in service. anyhow, during service God and I had a talk. I realized that

1 - this situation wasn't really my business
2- that not only was this other person being very prideful, but so was I
3 - keeping my anger under control takes a lot more energy then I thought
and most importantly,
4 - I wasn't giving the situation to God. I was taking care of it and not doing a very good job at it in the process.

After service this other party came up to me and we chatted, the whole issue the day before was apologized for and forgiven. Since then it has not affected our friendship in the least.

So, what does this all have to do with plans changing......... ?
Well, I went to prayer that Saturday I had not idea what would happen, I had not even planned on staying as long as I did. Then on Sunday, I was still upset and not giving it to God. During service I finally gave the issue to Christ and instantly felt better, calmer and more forgiving. Then the person whom I was upset at came to me and straightened things out. I ended up having a wonderfully blessed day.

Plans change again leaving me emotionally spent. Later that day, we went to the Rochester Science and Museum Center. It was great but the exhibit was one we saw before. I had thought it would be a new exhibit. So I was a bit disappointed. After that we went to go to Chuck E Cheese with the kids. Now, I really like Chuck E Cheese. I know it's a kids' place but I like it mostly because whenever we have gone the kids have loved it. We always use a coupon so it doesn't cost us a ton of money. Besides I think their pizza is yummy. lol  It was mobbed though!!!! Busier then I had ever seen it. We could not find a seat anywhere and the kids would have been overwhelmed by the amount of chaos all those patrons created. So, we left. We came home. I think that day everyone was a bit disappointed in the events. Being disappointed all afternoon, and tired from the emotional ups and downs, I wanted to cry. But I didn't. We just went home.

On Friday we had an unexpected appointment and afterward needed to kill a couple of hours before the Music Jam (rather then travel 30 miles to home and then back 20 miles 2 1/2 hours back to church - what a waste of gas!) So we decided to try Chuck E Cheese again. This time it was peaceful and calm with only a few kids; as it was only mid afternoon. We had a wonderful time! I even played more games with the kids then I usually do.

So you see all around our plans changed, but it actually turned out beneficial in the long run. What started off as annoying changes ended up, after giving the situation to God, being very enjoyable after all.

So in life I have to expect changes as they will happen whether I like it or not. If I fight the changes that only makes me miserable. If I go with the flow God holds my hand and guides me. I am learning to expect, and be ok with, change.

No comments:

Post a Comment