God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Thursday, February 3, 2011

poetry in motion

I wanted to write a poem earlier this evening about poetry but I couldn't think of what to write, ironic isn't it? Today seems to be full of irony. First, I planned on having a quiet day with my boys, then all madness broke out when I ended up with 6 kids in my house and (enjoyable) chaos bloomed. This evening I wanted to sit and relax watching a movie with Mike and the movie turned out to be worse then we thought. We turned it off and watched tv instead, which was a bit disappointing, to me at least. I thought maybe I could go to bed early but here I am and the desire to go to bed has left.
You ever have one of those days where your plans get all squashed up and thrown in a wastepaper basket? Sometimes, when that happens the new plans are even better and you have a great time. Sometimes the new plans are worse and you wish you could just go to bed and start the day over. Today the new plans, for me at least, were fun and enjoyable, but that is not always the case.
Life is really poetry in motion. It flows one way and the other, with a mind of it's own, fleeting by with a care... It can be smooth sailing or rough riding, but it is all ways moving, like words on a page. Poetry tells a story. This story can be hard to decipher or easy to see. It can be short or long with deep insight or it can roll off the sleeve. No matter what the story is always there, never leaving your side. You write it each moment you take a breath.
Don't you want your story to be remembered as something wonderful? Don't you want it to be life changing for someone else? Don't you want it to impact others in a good way? I certainly do. With Christ that happens each day, if you let it. Without Christ, you might have a good impact but it could always be better. You might have an enjoyable life but are you really happy? Your life might be filled wiht glorious things that are envied by others, but do you feel fulfilled?
There is a place in your life that can only be written by god almighty. He writes the poetry that last forever. The poetry we may write when we live our lives is only short lived. Few may remember it when we die and some may not even remember it next week. With Jesus in the center of you life that poetry takes on a whole new meaning. To bring glory to God in the hgihest is the best poetry that can ever be written. It is the greatest joy that can ever be achieved.
So if you are not saved, I pray you get saved and then you'll be able to understand what I am saying. If you are saved, let od write His poetry in your life.
Here is a bit of irony, I started this blog today not knowing what to write, I put the title in thinking it was stupid but I let God choose my words for me and see what happened? I was able to bring Glory to God in Heaven, all without actually intending to. :) Ironic, huh? that is what happens whne you let Him write the poetry of your life.
Have a great night everyone and thank you for reading. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment