God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Friday, October 15, 2010

things to do

So today, and it seems like everyday lately, the kids are playing with Transformers, Bionicles or (in Daniel's case) board games. We woke up, played the computer, watched some tv then started school. We even worked through our lunch today which helped get the work done earlier then usual. :) This does not always happen but today it did, and today it made me a happy mommy. :)
There is so much around the apartment that I need to accomplish but instead I am sitting at the computer plinking around on it. Yes, I am getting up and down quite a bit as I am also making dinner. Oh, I am also washing and drying laundry so my family has clean clothes tomorrow and washing the dishes. lol See a mom's work is never done. Everyone always says "Mom, where is this? Mom, where is that? Mom, what's for dinner? Mom, can you buy this for me? Mom, can you help please?" or husbands are forever repeating  "Honey, I need my clothes ironed, Honey, what's for dinner? Is the laundry done? Do I have clean socks? What was in the mail today?" So many questions so little time to answer them all.
Do you ever feel that way? I sure do. Even if no one is asking me a zillion questions at that particular moment, I feel as if there are still a zillion questions needing answers and a zillion things needing done. I feel as if no matter how hard I work, no matter how long I work the work is never done. If I feel that way, I wonder how God feels?
I mean He has so much more to do then I do. Yeah, I know he doesn't have to fold laundry, find socks, make beds, sweep floors or cook dinner but he has to answer questions all day. He watches and protects each of His children, keeping them from making bad choices, and going down spiritually dangerous roads. He rewards all of His children for loving and following Him which mean He is watching them see if they are following His directions for their life. He is vigilant in doing so too.
Good thing I am not God. That is a lot of things to do! I couldn't keep up the pace and protect, watch and guide everyone. I can barely do that with my own family I know I couldn't do it with any others, let alone the whole world.
Isn't God amazing? I am blown away and in awe to think of all God does for me. It's not like I can repay Him or adequately thank Him for all He does. I could thank Him in the most elaborate ways, the most expensive ways for the rest of my life and still not even come close to what He deserves. One day every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that He is Lord and Savior of not only the Earth, not only the galaxy but of the universe! One day we will be in His glory for eternity, casting the crowns He has rewarded us with at His feet where they belong. I can't think of a more splendid way to spend eternity. :) I hope you agree. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment