God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Sunday, October 3, 2010

a horrible book

Ok, I was at the library the other day, of course, looking for a book to read. (That is what you usually get at the library right? ok, just checking) lmbo!!! Ok, I'm silly today, I get that way when I am tired. Any way I found two books that looked sort of interesting but wouldn't be totally sure until I read them. I always review books for Adam and I thought these books might be ones he would like. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! The devil sure has a way of deceiving one doesn't he?

The book I was most interested in is titled The Garden, by Elsie V. Aidinoff.  The inside jacket's description looked sort of promising.

"   The book description:

"There was a serpent, there for Eve's awakening, and for all the days since. Teacher, mentor, companion, friend, and more.
The was God, The Creator. Quick to anger. Dangerous. Majestic.
There was Adam: as God said, a joy to behold.
And there was Eve.
These four hold the future in their hands. And only Eve -- or perhaps the Serpent, too -- wonders what lies outside the Garden of Eden. Passionate, witty, beautifully drawn, and utterly unforgettable, The Garden, a debut novel, remakes and offers insights into a story that forms the cornerstone of our understanding.  "

It doesn't sound so bad, right? Well, WRONG!

The book actually makes Eve out to be a strong willed, simple child who developed into a strong willed, independent woman who is not submissive to anyone, least of all to God.. Adam is portrayed to be a pawn in God's hands and a simple minded boy. The Serpent, is not Satan yet in this book, but rather God's helper in raising Adam and Eve. God raises Adam and the Serpent raises Eve. In this book, procreation was the main goal of creating humankind and God is a demanding and angry old man who only thinks of himself and his pleasure. God, in this book, forces Adam unwillingly have forced sex with eve, in a sense raping her. all this just to satisfy his own curiosity. The Serpent actually tried to reason with Adam and Eve about not eating the apple. The whole story is opposite to the Biblical records. I did not read the whole story as I was disgusted after only page two. I did however, skim the book to get the just of the story line before I condemn it completely.

Like I said, I was actually reviewing this book for a possibility for Adam to listen to. He will NOT be reading this book ever if I have anything to say about it! I know I won't have that right when he is an adult but for now, he reads what I approve of.

This book threw me for a loop as it was not what I expected. The attitudes of the characters were unimaginably messed up. It makes me stop and think of how easy it is for Satan to confuse us and make us question the Biblical accounts. Are they true? how do we know if they are really true? can we prove it?

All these questions can float in your mind at one time or another. This book just encourages that thinking. It is disgusting! It just goes to show that you need to be vigilant and watchful in all you do. Watch what you children watch, read what they read, befriend their friends, listen to their music. You are not a friend to your kid, you are their guidance, their conscience, their parent. in this day and age parents need to act more like parents instead of self absorbed people. If you want to be self absorbed you shouldn't have kids!
God gave these kids to you to raise. They really are His children, whom he loaned us for the time being. We are responsible for the way they are raised. Will you raise them in the way of the Lord? or in your way?
I do not mean to be so bold and bossy ubt I do mean to tell the truth. Please do not be mad at me. :)

I love books but some books need to be burned! This is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment