God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Thursday, October 21, 2010

I am sitting here.........

Ok, so that is what I am doing, sitting here... doing nothing. I'm thinking though., thinking of what to write. I wish to write but am not sure what to write about. I do not like when that feeling happens. Being unsure is not something I am very comfortable with. I'm sure most people feel that way though. I mean who wants to feel unsure about things? Who really wants to feel confused? I know I do not like it at all.
With God though, we can always feel sure about things. We can always rest in His arms and know He will help us through our tough times. With His comfort we can be assured that He has our best interests at heart and He will never lead us astray or into danger.

Us though? We lead ourselves into danger on a daily basis. Each day we follow our flesh to some degree. So why does that put us in danger?  Well, you ever hear the saying that you can't worship two masters? That is the just of the situation when you follow your flesh or won desires. You are "worshiping" or following your own fleshly desires.

When you were a kid I'm sure your mother told you not to do something that you thought was fun or entertaining. I am also sure that at one time or another you disobeyed her and did it anyways. You followed your own desires and not those of your mother. Did it get you into trouble? Maybe not the situation but the disobedience? I'm sure your mom didn't look to happy on the fact that you disobeyed her. You probably were punished in some way. Or you found yourself in a compromising situation that you could have avoided had you obeyed your mom.

That is the way it is with God. When we do not obey Him and follow His lead for us in our lives we place ourselves in compromising situations. We sometimes miss out of blessings that we could have had had we obeyed, or we end up in a situation we do not know how to get out of unscathed. If we had only listened to the guiding of the Holy Spirit we could have avoided the problem our disobedience has caused.

I don't know about you but I really do not want to find myself in compromising situations. I like being safe and sound. I like being protected. I like not getting into trouble.

So as you go about your day may you follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and may it keep you out of trouble.
I know I will try. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment