God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Saturday, October 2, 2010

garage sales - my musings for today

What a gorgeous day it is today. Rochester weather can be very annoying but not today. :) The weather is sunny but not too cool and not too breezy. The air felt great on our walk this morning...... :) I am not usually one to compliment the weather as I usually have not much of an opinion one way or the either. I like snow, don't mind driving in it but I hate that is is sooooooooo cold though! It is really pretty how it covers all the ugliness man kind has made on the earth.... I love the summer but I hate the sticky humidity that comes along with the heat. The spring is usually rainy and that is a good thing for our plants and crops. However, it is not so great for our moods. One can only take so many of those gloomy overcast spring days. The fall is probably my favorite season if I had to pick one. In the fall the weather is brisk, not too cold yet and still sunny most of the time. The air is filled with wonderful harvest scents; apple pies, pumpkins, spices, and so many other wonderful things. The farmer markets are still open and are selling eggplant, squash, corn, tomatoes, apples, mmmmm all the yummy things........ :)
The one thing I do not like at all about the fall is the darkness that creeps, all to fast, into our days. The sun rises later, sets earlier, the clouds are usually darker then in the spring, and people are usually busier and aggitated. So many people get so agitated over stupid things.
Like the holidays, I mean come on! We are celebrating wonderful things; the first Thanksgiving and the birth of our Saviour, so why do we get so agitated?
Mankind takes simple things, like taking pleasure in thanking our God, and turns it into such a huge commercialized event. You have the decorations. You have the food, and lots of it! You have the parades. You have the family and friend get togethers. you have the football games. My question is what in the world do any of these things have to do with Thanking God and celebrating His birth? Nothing! That is right nothing!!!  LOL... But we get so wrapped up in our traditions and our holidays that we loose sight of the reason for the season.
As a side note, I hate that saying at Christmas time, Jesus is the Reason for the Season. I know it is VERY, VERY TRUE but what I hate about it is has become a gimmick. It has become common saying through the Christian and Catholic communities that is really has lost it's meaning. I don't think we should stop saying it, I just think we should really appreciate the fact that it is true and mean every word  of it every time we say it.
Ok, back to what I was saying. The other thing I love about fall is the garage sales. Garage sales are so neat to go to because you can find so many nice things that other people no longer want. I have gotten some great bargains at garage sales. Hosting a garage sale however, can be a chore in itself. You have to sift through the things you have to find what you want to get rid of or what you no longer use or need. It is a great time to "clean house" and make room for things you do need and desire. Cleaning house makes life so much nicer to live. It makes your apartment or house more of a home and not just a place to live and sleep.
That got me thinking of where Jesus lives. I know that I need to do some cleaning up of my heart for Him to live comfortably there. (Not that I would want to have a garage sale from the things I need to get rid of in there because I would not want anyone to be bothered with my sins and have it stand in their way of a good relationship with Christ.) The idea of cleaning house has great merit though.
So what things do I need to get rid of to make Jesus' place of residence (IE: my heart) more comfortable for Him? hhhmmmm. I don't have to take much time to think this one thru. The things that have taken up my time and kept me from spending time with Him, those things need to go. If they can't go, (and I cannot stop doing them, such as my job) then I have to make them take a back burner to Christ. No matter what we do in life, it can be done for the Glory of the Lord if our hearts are right. No, I do not mean stealing or adultery can be done for the glory of the Lord for those are sins and He will have no part of them. What I mean is that is we wash cars or clean toilets we can do it to the best of our ability and in that we are glorifying the Lord with our hard work. We are to attribute all our work to Him, for without Him we would have nothing. If it is running a company, running a church of just fixing cars, prayer should be the first and foremost thing on our minds. Keeping our eyes on the Lord will help us keep our jobs being done well.
So, as you go about your day, keep your eyes focused on Him.
God Bless, Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment