God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

friendships


Written on 5/28/11.

friendship is one of those things that requires strength and wisdom.

Is this person really a friend?
Are they trying to "pull the wool over your eyes?'
Can you trust them to tell you the truth?
Are you honest with them?
Can you connect with them on various topics of life?
Do they have a similar mind set?

Well, Recently I have been posed with just the questions in regards to a few "friends" in particular. One I will call Lynn and one I will call Sarah. A third "friend" is one I am still a bit confused over what type of friendship there is. Her name I will say is Emily. To my knowledge none of these ladies or their families are saved.

Now, at our first interaction these three ladies left me with three different feelings entirely. Now I knew Sarah I could trust. I had a good feeling about Sarah. She seemed like a great lady who has made some bad choices in life but realized her mistake and has tried to do good after that. When I met Lynn, I got a uncomfortable feeling but she was nice so I gave her the benefit of the doubt. Seeing how I would have many interactions with this lady I thought it was worth it to become "friends". I'm not so sure now. Emily, well, she is nice and we got along from the get go but I also have reservations about her. Although we get along well I still have this strange sensation when interacting with her. It's as if I feel a whisper saying be-careful. Maybe it's my own mind playing games with me seeing as to how one friendship just broke up in a bad way, maybe it is God's warning and guidance. I do not know. I guess we will see how these friendships pan out over time.

Ok, so I wrote the above a while ago. Now on 7/5/11 I am updating this before posting. I am still friends with all 3 of these ladies. I say "friends" but I'm not sure how far that friendship actually goes. Now Sarah, I know I can trust, I like her a lot. She is sweet funny and a great friend. I have known her for years and have been blessed by our friendship. Lynn, well, I am still not sure where that lies. lol she is a nice person but I feel like everything I hear from her is said with some ulterior motive, whether it is meant to deceive me or make me think better of her I'm not sure. Either way, my biggest pet peeve in life is being lied to. This bothers me greatly about this friend. Now, Emily and I also get along great. She is sweet, helpful and fun to be around. However, I still get that "be careful" warning in my head so I am listening to it.

Either way no matter if these ladies are my true honest to goodness friends or not is yet to be seen. I know that the only person I really need in life is Christ. I have Him without fail each day of my life. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment