God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Flittery thoughts

I won't lie. This winter has been rough. Between the isolation and the cold my depression hasn't been managed completely this winter. Some days are rougher than others. Some days are wonderful. It's those wonderful days that I cherish. 

When I get down or when I have a lot on my mind I tend to write poems. I'm not the best poet but at least it clears my mind. I thought I would like to share one of those poems here. 


Flittery Thoughts

Oh, the things that go through my mind. 
Sometimes they make me crazy. 
Sometimes they keep me sane.

Little do I know what will pop up next. 

Flitter here and there, erupting without notice.
It's up to me to control them. 

Oh they wiggle and squirm, the play hide and seek 
Just to keep me from stopping them.

I need to enlist - 

One that is bigger, stronger and more focused than I. 

My God is bigger. 
My God is smarter. 
My God is more discerning. 

These wiggly, flittery thoughts run and hide till another day.
They are smart, they know whose boss. 

They know when the big guns are out.
 

I am weak but in His strength can I rely. 
That makes me smart too.


No comments:

Post a Comment