God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blog in Pictures, Day 2 - Cooking Adventures -

Ok, so I do not profess to be a wonderful cook. Although I would honestly love to be able to say that and I greatly admire those who are, I am smart enough not to say that I am. That being said I do enjoy cooking. I enjoy the feel and textures associated with cooking. I love the fact that cooking can be an art form. It really can get your creative juices going!

Since I do love to cook and I have had some extra time lately, I have whipped up a few things that are not our ordinary fare. I hope you enjoy seeing the pictures.



I have always wanted to learn to make crepes. I can't get over how simple they are to make! You can fill them with practically anything you wish too! I filled mine with apples and oranges. I then drizzled some homemade black-raspberry syrup over them. They were heavenly!

We are trying to eat a bit healthier, and I refuse to go the tofu route, no matter what Matt says. lol
I came up with this on the spur of the moment. It was delish!!! It is only pasta mixed in with sauteed chicken, broccoli and carrots with Italian dressing drizzled on it.


This has to be my favorite of all time. I really should have made this years ago! I took regular lasagna noodles, alfredo sauce, a creamy white parmesan cheese and imitation crab meat and layered it jsut like lasagna. I can't get over how yummy it was.


My sons love corn dogs but they can be a bit pricey. I found an easy recipe online and tried them out. They were not only easy to make but really great tasting too! I loved the crunch the dogs had on the outside but the nice moist breading on the inside. I will definitely make these again!


I made cupcakes a little bit ago because I wanted to try to make filled cupcakes, like the mix shown below. I'm pretty cheap and hate to pay for something I can do myself. So, I took the time to try to make these. I succeeded! I have no picture of the finished product to show you but I did have a little bit of batter left over. I made the tiny cake shown above. I thought it looked pretty.




Ok, there are supposed to brownie cookies. They look so yummy! However, they are not as good as a friend of mine. Alfreda makes the best cookies!!! I will try these again because I am determined to master this recipe. I think I baked these cookies a bit too long because they are harder and not chewy. :o( That is ok because we will still eat them. Chocolate is chocolate right? lol


Friends of our s are heading toe Disneyland in a couple of days. I saw these Minnie Mouse cupcakes on pinterest.com and thought they were a great idea for the Gerwitz family. I think they liked them. I know I had one last night and they were yummy!!! It's just a regular frosted cupcake. I put the mini Oreos for Minnie's ears, a regular Oreo for her face and cut a stick of gum to look like a bow. It was so easy!

So that is it for now. More cooking adventures to come I'm sure. I hope you have enjoyed sharing in my cooking joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment