God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Sunday, December 19, 2010

resting in His peace

Today was one of those days. You know the type; everything seems to try your patience. Everything seems to go belly up or fall flat on it's face. Well, today was that kind of day............

The days started out wonderfully. We all got up on the "right side of the bed' as the saying goes. :) And that is easy for me because I sleep on the right side of my bed! lol  Adam got up with us this morning because he wanted to go to prayer with us. Daniel wanted to stay home. Adam really just wanted to help us move some things around at church but to do so he had to attend prayer first as moving things followed the weekly prayer meeting. :D I guess that is one way to get him to come with us! lol

So, after prayer and rearranging rooms at church we had to go grocery shopping. If you have an aspie in your house you know that can be a challenge at times, especially around this busiest time of the year. Well, I have two aspies! lol The first store we went to was Wal-Mart Super-center. That went ok as I did most of the shopping without anyone else helping me. Mike helped a bit, and for that I was thankful. Adam went off on his own and left us to do what we had to get done. Then it was off to Aldi's for more grocery shopping. This can be challenging because the store isn't that spacious and I had a big list... One aspie was really wise and stayed in the car. He let me shop without him. :) Adam chose to listen to his book rather then shop, so Mike and I went in shopping by ourselves. We had a lot of things to get. Mike was really trying to be very helpful but he was actually stressing me out. I felt rushed and not able to think of what I needed to purchase. So far today, I felt drained.... After shopping we got into the car and Mike and I had a fight. I felt sooo bad afterward because he was only trying to help me.... He was really trying to be sweet but in my perfectionistic attitude and my need to control I didn't see it. So anyhow, on the way home Mike, being the sweet wonderful husband he is, stopped by another Aldi's that we were passing so that I could get the things the other Aldis's either didn't have or I had forgotten to get. So, I went in and got those few items. On the way home we went. All the groceries were taken upstairs and put away with out a problem.

Adam and I went to the library and the dollar store. We had a nice quiet mother and son time.


Then a few hours later Adam was getting hungry. He usually wants to eat in the living room, watching a video. It's not something I am particularly fond of, and really should not allow it as often as I do. Anyhow, Adam was getting a bowl of cereal ready to eat. Unlike any normal person he doesn't pour the cereal and then the milk and then goes to sit down. He brings all the supplies into the living room with him, then sets up the tv tray then pours the cereal and milk, then sits to eat. I have no idea why he does it this way but he always has. Well, I'm not sure why he thought that putting the milk on the couch while he set up the tv tray was a smart thing to do but that is what he did. And you guessed it! The whole full gallon tipped over and spilled all over our wall to wall carpeting, covering a large area. Of course, with the Christmas tree the furniture is a bit more cramped together then usual and the older couch got some milk on it too. I was not a happy person! Adam felt really bad but I still got pretty mad at him. Not for the spilled milk, but because he doesn't think all the way through sometimes, most times and as a result about a quart of milk went everywhere, or so it seemed. That was problem number two. Shopping was rushed and I felt stressed then I almost cried over spilled milk, literally. 

As I was cleaning up from dinner I started to see how gracious God was through out my rough day. He protected me while shopping as it was very busy and I was very tired and stressed. He gave me a wonderful husband who only wanted to help me. He gave us enough money to provide for all the groceries we wanted to get and then some. He protected Daniel while he was home alone for hours by himself. He gave Adam peace and a repentant heart. He gave me time to rest while everyone watched a video. He guided me to bit my tongue, although I didn't listen to Him as much as I should have.

So you see, even during the rough parts of life God is gracious, loving and kind. He is always there for us no matter what we do, no matter where we go. We can never be outside his grasp or his protection. He will never leave us nor forsake us. He is closer then a brother, close then a father, closer then your mother.... We cannot fathom how much He loves us, especially when we screw up and fall flat on our faces. Sometimes in order for us to realize how much we are not listening to Him we need to be brought to our knees. I just wish I didn't make the happen as often as I do, but I am thankful in more ways then I can count, that God is there for me no matter what. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment