God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Friday, May 31, 2013

Life gets in the way, Procrastination & not following through -

So many things to blog about... where do I start?

Well, the creative process is as good a place as any, right? So there we shall start.

I'm a creative person but lack the time, space and energy for the projects I would love to work on. Who can forget I'm short on money for such projects too. It always seems that when a projects comes up that I want to do there is an equal amount of obstacles preventing me from doing said projects.

Somethings I would love to work on are my won scrapbooks. Right now I have 4 scrapbooks, not for me, that I need to get done. I have yet to start any of them. The easiest one is for little Egan. I made a scrapbook for him already but now I just have to put the pictures in it. First I need to receive pictures from his mom and dad... Once I get them finishing the book will be a breeze, if I could ever find the time to do so. Next I have Adam's graduation book. I cannot work on this one until after the graduation though as I will need pictures from it to complete the book. My friend has a scrapbook she started for her daughter. She lost interest in doing it so passed it on to me to work on. Again, I need to print the pictures to complete it. I have to find the time to go through her pictures to even know which ones to print. Lastly, I have to make a new scrapbook complete with pre-done pages. This is for a new mommy to be. She is due in November. Then to top it off I am planning on making some sort of wall art for another mommy to be.

That sounds like it is too much to handle in my life right now but in reality it's not IF I plan well enough. The key is sticking to the plan. That's my problem. That is my problem in almost every aspect of my life. I hate sticking to plans. I love to go with the flow. In this house that is not a very good option though. I wish it was. I miss going with the flow and not having a care in the world.

My life is a jumble of other little lives all mixed up. Adam's, Daniel's, Egan, Mike's, my siblings, extended family, church family, friends. The list goes on and on. Out side of people there are the list of things to do; church things, school things, house things, me things and my projects of course. How on earth do I get all this done without forgetting anything? LISTS LISTS LISTS and following them!

I am a list maker at heart. I write everything down. Multiple times. It's not writing them down that I get into trouble with. I have to follow the lists that I make. Usually I am good at that and can get most of my list done. Recently though, I have not been very good. It has taken me a long time to complete easy tasks only because those tasks are time consuming. That needs to stop.

What can I do? If you have this problem, what can you do? Make more then just an effort. Make it a priority. Set goals and time frames. Be determined. These are things I can do to help stop this progression of not following through... If you can think of more ideas leave them in the comments section.

Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment