God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Friday, February 24, 2012

how much can we handle?

Ok, so God thinks I can handle quite a lot apparently. I don't want Him to think that. I want Him to stop giving me so much to handle. I really do.

Over the past 3 months or so we have had one problem after another rise up to need our attention. Between my mom's passing, major car issues, health scares, Mike's now probably permanent 80% vision loss and our van pretty much  dieing I'm not so sure I can handle it all. I know I don't want to handle it all.

I am trying to rely on God, I really am. I pray, I read, I pray some more. I can't help feeling that I have failing those around me and especially my husband. I'm not being the wife I should be and I know I'm not being the mother I should be.

I ask others for encouragement and some help fine tuning my life, trying to get my life under some sort of control but no one seems to care. No one seems to want to help. What do I do?

O, enough crying, enough woe is me crap! I am done. I have to get up and move on, right? pull up my boots straps as the saying goes. What has God told me about life?

Simple, rejoice in it for He has given us breath in our lungs. There are so many others out there without and we are blessed with. There are hurting people, disfigured people, people on a ventilator for their whole life, there are others with dementia that don't even know how they are. Yes I sit here complaining and crying over a few bumps in the road.
My husband can still work, he can still see out of one eye, he can breath, play and laugh. I can walk, I can clean, I can breath on my own. My kids can talk, learn, play and watch tv, invite their friends over and so much more. We are truly blessed beyond measure.

So what is going on in your lives that you are grumbling about today? Are things not going your way? Are things hard to deal with? Are you breathing? Walking? Thinking? Can you work? Pay your bills? Plan your life? Some people can't. Some people can't get out of bed, wipe their own butt, breath on their own. They are the ones that truly should get our empathy.

(Note: I did not say sympathy, I said empathy. Empathy is way different then sympathy, btw. One is understanding another s feelings, the other is feeling those feelings with them.)

What right do I have, do you have, to sulk in our own problems when others out there are so less fortunate then we are? Even if we do not know o anyone, personally, that has things worse then we do, they are out there. Trust me. In a house near you there is a woman getting beaten, there are children left unattended because their parent feels the need to go get drugs, there is an elderly woman or man who is neglected and left in their 0own filth. Trust me, these people are out there, whether we admit it or not. So when you feel like sulking in your own problems remember that those problems really aren't as bad as we let ourselves think.

Pull up your boot straps, dust yourself off and cling to the Lord. Only He can help you feel better. Only He can give you peace and comfort. Only He loves you enough to die specifically for you.

PS: This blog is more so written for me then it is for you. Therapy is just one person talking to another. I am talking to you and you, by listening, are my therapist here on Earth. God is my true therapist though. He helps me through all life's little (and not so little) problems.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment