God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Sunday, November 13, 2011

so life hands us more lessons

Ok, I find this really funny in an ironic sort of way. God certainly does have a way of using things in our lives to teach us things and also using things to remind us of His love.
After I wrote the post yesterday I went to church this morning. The service was amazing as usual, but it seemed familiar to me after writing last night's post. Today's teaching was about the second half of Romans 8. Matt, our pastor, used this part of Scriptures to remind us that in order for God to work in our lives we have to do a few things ourselves. First we need to ask Him for guidance. Second;y, we need to look for open doors and opportunities that He has provided for us. Matt's example was if you are looking for a job and putting in applications then Wendy's calls you TAKE THE JOB! Yes it may not be the highest paying job out there. It may not even cover all your bills and provide for your family however, it is income while you continue to search out better employment. By not taking the job offer you are closing the window that God has opened up for you. This made me think of my comment last night in my post that God has given me opportunities to make me feel better. He has kept me busy with little things that have been distracting me from being depressed.

All Pastor Matt's teachings are on line and downloadable from the church's website. 

I hope that any and all the online teachings at www.1wayjesus.org are helpful to you. I know they are to me.

I'll write more soon if I can. :o) Until then God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment