God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Sunday, September 25, 2011

an offensive picture posted on facebook.... please read....

Today's blog is in regards to a picture or a sign that someone posted on their page on facebook. another friend asked me what i thought about it. Here is my response. I hope you like it too!

Not to offend people but to give you a clearer picture as to why I wrote what I did.

The picture that was posted said:

"Religion is like a penis. 

It's fine if you have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in pub;lic and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my children's throats."



First I immediately removed it from my page as I was not impressed, or humored, by it at all. I didn't even read it until a moment ago. Still I am not impressed. However that is the way the world thinks. We are not alone in our feelings but we are so out numbered. I hold out on God and lean only on Him, or at least I try daily to do so.

I have come to a place in my life where I have accepted that I am different then most in regards to my faith. I also know that the Bible says wide is the road that leads to destruction. Seeing as to how I, we as Christians, are different in our faith and most are on the wide road why do we expect those around us to not act, talk and think unGodly?

I have come to a place in my life that I have realized that there is nothing, but prayer, that I can do to change others thoughts and feelings or actions. All I can do is live my life to the best I can that glorifies our Lord and Saviour. After all, that is what we are called to do, to bring Him glory....

A light cannot shine bright in a well lit room however, as we all know a candle sheds a bright light in a darkened room. We are the candles ladies, let's shine as bright as we can! My advice is to just don't let it bother you so much, stand firm for Christ and He will uplift you!

(Just fyi: my hubby said - after I read him the poster and your message - that what do we expect from an unsaved world? Even the Bible says a dog will go back to their vomit and pigs go back to the mire... He also said that what bothered him that Christians are not "allowed" to whip out their faith in public but those that are fanatics about sports can wear the team's colors, logos, jerseys etc... and expect others to be ok with it.)

Christians always get the raw end of the deal as we are truly the only light on Earth that shines for Christ. ust a sun hurts your eyes when you wake up to it shining in your face, so does our light to hurt those that are the unsaved.) Mike also says (I gotta love my hubby as he sure has a way with words!!!) that we are the salt of the Earth. Salt is a great preservative and adds wonderful flavor to foods but when you get salt in a cut it hurts like the dickens!!! You can't deny that salt can be painful to open wounds.... just as our faith can hurt and convict those that are unsaved.f the salt didn't hurt then is it really salt? If we are not standing out because of our faith how strong is our faith then? It should stand out and be strong.... We should be different then the unsaved.... It is what we are called to be. :o)

Where does one go when they need to keep a meat well preserved for later? People ask for salt. Where does one go, saved or not, when they need uplifting or prayer? They come to us, God's salt of the Earth.

Love ya Holly!!!!! Love ya Karen!!!! You two are actually my favorite facebook friends as I can always be uplifted up by your posts. :o)

Sorry this is so long! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment