God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

sorry it has been so long

As I sit here I think "ok what am I going to write about?" Even though I have been busy getting ready for the new school year and Mike has been on vacation a few times this summer it seems as though there isn't a lot to write home about. this summer we have done many family things around the Rochester area. I love spending time with my family.
At church we have had a number of extremely good teachings, not that Matt's teachings are always good mind you. Lately he has focused on challenging the congregation to improve their walk with Christ and here on Earth. Recently his biggest challenge was to get someone you know to hold you accountable for something you need to improve in your life, a sin issue. so, I took the challenge, in fact Mike and I both did. My accountability person is Ellen. (THANK YOU ELLEN!!!) So how does one hold someone else accountable when they do not see them daily? It is based on trust.... trust is funny thing.

Trust is a two way street, like most things in any relationship. Does Ellen trust me to tell her the truth about my sin issue and how I have progressed with making it better? Do I trust Ellen to hold me accountable for behaving in an inappropriate way against God? I sure hope so. I know I trust her, otherwise I wouldn't have asked her. I pray she trusts me to be honest. I am, you know, really...despite how it hurts how I look.

So how do I look? Not to people, silly lol, but to God? When we sin it is gross, disgusting, dirtier then anything we have ever seen or imagined in God's eyes. Can you imagine bringing something into your house that is so gross it makes you physically sick? that is makes your family want to run out of the house throwing up? that is how it is between us and God. OH WOW! When you put it like that it is really cruel that we sin against God. so why do we do it?
Honestly, because it feels so good... Our human nature desires to do what feels good to us. when we sin it makes us feel like we can do anything. Oh it's just a white lie, nothing big. Or it's just a pen I took from the bank when I wrote my check, no biggie... Even, taking a longer break then you are supposed to (by even 5 minutes) is stealing. So you do not have to be a murdered, commit armed robbery or be a pathological liar to not be looked upon favorable in God's eyes. We all do. All the time.More then we ever know.
So, can we ever be found favorable to God?

YES!!!!! YES AND YES!!!! That is the awesome thing about God. He is not one to hold grudges. He forgives you each and every time as long as confess your sin and repent. God loves us all the time, no matter how disgraceful we behave. He wants to have that close relationship with us and wants us to desire to have one with Him. If we are always bringing dirty gross sin into the relationship He has to turn his nose at it. How can He not? But if we clean the house, (repent our sins) and invite Him to join us in a clean place washed by His blood He rejoices to spend time wiht us. Do you rejoice at that too? I certainly do!
well, this was much longer then I anticipated, but I think it turned out well.
Remember that in order to be close to Christ, you need His blood to clean you.

God Bless, Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment