God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

getting burned

Ok, so maybe you all think I got burned tonight. Not that it would surprise me, but no I did not actually ge burned in the typical sense of the word. I do however has a burning sensation on my lips. It is all Adam's fault! hahahaha Ok, not really his fault, it's mine. I can blame him though, right? lol

I bought the kids some fresh picked hot peppers the other day. I thought they could make hot sauce with them. Adam loves (LOVES) spicy foods. He gets very proud of himself when he mixes spies to BBQ sauce to make a hot and spicy BBQ sauce. So, being a nice mom, and being bored tonight, after everyone went to bed, I roasted the peppers to give a nice flavor and remove the skins. This way the kids (mostly Adam) can make the hot sauce in the morning with out help from me. :o)

I was careful not to wipe my eyes or lick my fingers and stuff like that. I know these peppers are spicy hot. I do not like spicy hot anything so I was very careful. Apparently I wasn't careful enough though. lol You see, hot peppers that are having the skins removed let off some juice in the air. OH MY! My face is right above the plate I am using to put the peppers on. My eyes get the heat and I blink quite a bit. It gets better, no problems. My lips though!!! HOLY COMOLY!!! It is as if all the juice that the pepper let off seemed into the skin around my lips. Fifteen minutes later I am sitting here and my lips are still burning!!!

I try to do something nice and I get burned. Ever feel that way? I sure do at times. I try to help someone and they get mad at me. Or I get someone a gift and they hate it. Or, well, you get the idea.

It's at times like that I wonder if I did what God asked me to do, or, did I read more into it then God actually said. I fel like I got burned when things don't go as I expect them because someone changed their ideas of the situation. It is like the hot spicy burning sensation burning my lips. It hurts at first, then the pain lingers, trying to make it go away irritates it more, then I get upset at what ever caused the burning sensation in the first place.

Getting mad at the peppers is pretty senseless and ridiculous, right? Well, so is getting mad at someone else, or even at God Himself, when you get burned. If I had waited for the peppers to cool I might have had thta burning sensation as bad as I did. If I wait for God to show me what to do I won't feel as though I am being burned by God, circumstances and other people.

Wait on the lord to avoid getting burned. He will always direcxt our paths straight if we jsut humble ourselves and ask Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment