God's goal for you in life.

God's goal for you in life.
Life goes on, move with it

Monday, August 30, 2010

a headache kind of day.........

Today has been a day full of lots of things, including a migraine!!! Oh how I dislike migraines. I have not had this bad of one in about a year or so and I was blessed with only minor headaches regularly rather then major ones. God sure has been good to me for the last year. For this alone do I feel honored and blessed beyond measure!

That got me thinking........ God is so good to me. I was severely beaten as a young child, but God protected me and I am still alive today. He had me raised in a foster home that loved the Lord and went to a born again church.  My foster parents were wonderful and they raised me as if I was one of their own. Over the years I was never in need of anything and barely in want of anything for it was all, and them some, provided for me. I felt welcomed and loved......

As an adult, even tough I do not have foster kids of my own, I still try to give back. I am not giving back because I want to justify why I was treated so well, not because I think I can earn anything by doing so, not to look good in front of people. I give back to show my god I love Him and am thankful for protecting me all those years, and still doing so now. 
For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, Who says to you, Fear not; I will help you! (Isaiah 41:13)
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 
(Titus 3: 5-7)


So, now as an adult I try to live my life for Jesus each and everyday. I admit I am not perfect, actually I am far from it!!! Neither and I sinless but rather I just sin less. So today, I thank Jesus Christ the Son, God the Father and the Holy Spirit in helping me sin less and less each day. I will never be sinless but I can try to always sin less. :o)

As another note of interest I have been receiving a lot of rebuke from one person on facebook. I shared, very briefly and nicely, an invite to my church. I could have just put it on my facebook profile wall page but I felt led to ask people thru a private message instead. Well, as I expected just not to this extent, someone thought I was being "pushy" in my religion. pushy? Me? Obviously he has no idea what I am like. lol!!! Too funny!!!!!! I mean, if you know me well, I am honest and open about my faith and my relationship with Christ, however you would also know I am not pushy.

so my point is if you feel lled to share, by all means LISTEN TO IT!!!
SHARE YOUR FAITH!!
Jesus requires it. After all Scriptures talk about not hiding your light, to go forth and spread the good news, to be bold. They will know you by your fruit. If we are timid and do not share then we will produce no fruit. I'm sorry but I do not want to be hewn down!!! I do not want to be cast into the fire!!!!!!!
So, despite the slack I received, and will expect to continue to receive, I will be vocal about my beliefs. If you do not like it, please ignore me. delete me or do not read this blog.

Matthew 7:15-20 (King James Version)

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.


If you do share my thoughts please comment below how you share your faith each day. Are you a quiet secret person who helps in the background or are you front and center helping out where ever needed? Do your friends know you are saved? If not... why? Do strangers you meet get the feeling that you are different because of your beliefs or do you resemble everyone else in your actions? 
They (the world) will know believers (us) by our fruits. Are you known by yours? 

 I pray daily that the people I meet will always see Jesus before they see me. :) 

3 comments:

  1. Keep pressing on and we'll keep praying through those headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years ago I felt led to share my faith. The problem was almost everyone I came in contact with was a Christian...homeschool moms, church members ect. So I prayed for God to place someone in my path to share my faith. Well on a snowy night in Dec 2007 a young man dropped into our lives. He had been at the local bar drinking and missed the corner by our house and crashed right into our car, almost hitting our home. Needless to say I failed big time at how a Christian should of reacted to this situation!! I yelled at him! I was not nice to him in the least bit!! The next morning the young man and his father came back here. PTL I had a second chance. I appologized to him, and shared my faith with him. (I think I did a blog post about this.) They were both listening. To this day we still talk to this young man and his father. We contacted the local judge regarding his case and requested he not do jail time because we felt he was a good kid just made a bad mistake. We worked it out with the judge that this young man would come back and fix our lawn. He did. I must say I'm a little nervous about praying to God about placing someone in my life to share my faith with....:-) I realize there are people all over my little town that need Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Matt! I appreciate the pryaers, and may you know that we pray daily for your vertigo. May God's will ALWAYS prevail. :)
    Jen, I think I would be nervous if I were you! lmbo!!! Well, you did ask for it! lol
    I guess it's not right to laugh about it but the irony is just too much not to. hehehehe
    When I was growing up we had that happen to us only it was our pine trees and mailbox that the teen ran into. Another time a drunk man who was in an accident on 390, not far from our house, went door to door trying to get into houses. He got into our entry way(breezeway) and tore building supplies my dad had in there, to shreds! It was a disaster. Although he made a very bad choice he did come back and apologize. He also paid for the supplies he ruined on his own without being asked.
    I have no idea who that person is but I still think of him. I pray that he is ok and that he knows Christ.
    Thanks for the prayers and the comments!!! :) God Bless! Jen I shall see you Fri.

    ReplyDelete